The mission of the Mountlake Terrace DEIC is to celebrate and promote a diverse, equitable & inclusive culture within the community; eliminate any form of actual or perceived discrimination; and help community members from all backgrounds to learn, grow & thrive.
The seven-member volunteer advisory Commission will:
1. Provide recommendations to the City Council that identify opportunities to address DEI issues, promote DEI programs, and/or provide guidance to create a more accessible, safe, welcoming and inclusive government and community.
2. Provide input to the City departments that ensure equitable access to city services and facilities for our diverse population.
3. Facilitate relationship building with under-served and underrepresented communities.
4. Serve as a resource for City government and the community by providing information, education and communication that celebrates a better understanding of our differences.
- Black History Month Proclamation
- Hispanic Heritage Month Proclamation
- Resolution Opposing Hate and Violence Following Attacks on Asian Americans