Dance Academy Classes
Don't wait to register.
We're already preparing for our Winter Concert in early December!
The yearly schedule and registration paperwork are at the bottom of the page! You'll need to fill out the paperwork and turn it into the Recreation Pavilion front desk with your payment to secure a spot.
Returning students will receive evaluations and placement information via e-mail. New students should enroll by age or contact Chloe Simanek for placement. (425) 640-3107 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our excellent staff provide instruction in Creative Dance, Creative Pre-Ballet, Ballet levels I-VI, Pre/Pointe, Lyrical II-V, Jazz levels I-III, Tap Levels I-III and Tap/Ballet Combo, Irish Step. These classes provide a structured approach to dance, with an emphasis on technique, creativity and building self-esteem. We strive to bring each dancer to their best movement and artistic potential while remaining open and inclusive.
Students may register by semester, or for the full year and must be 3.5 years old by September 1st of the school year. Dancers who register for the full year receive a discount on their production fee. Students may enter the program any time until April 15th. However, all dancers will be evaluated in their first class for proper placement at the teacher and director's discretion to ensure all students are properly challenged. Students dancing in the fall have the opportunity to perform in the Winter Dance Concert. Spring semester dancers are invited to perform in our formal year-end recital. Good attendance, a minimum of 75% of classes before the performance, is required to perform in any show.
The Winter Dance concert is less formal; students borrow costume pieces to accessorize their dress code/classroom attire. Dancers have the option of purchasing a video of this performance. June Recital dancers are required to purchase costumes and attend a dress/stage rehearsal and will have the option of purchasing recital photos and videos. Tickets will be available for purchase. Please see our dance program policies at the link below for more information.
- Never wear your dance shoes outside. Always change your shoes at the studio door.
- Everyone's hair must be secured off their face so they can focus on learning to move.
- Jeans and other non-flexible fabrics are not appropriate for dance.
Boys - sweats or shorts and a plain t-shirt, bare feet
Girls - any color leotard, footless tights or leggings, bare feet
Creative Pre-Ballet & Ballet I-VI
Boys - plaint t-shirt, black tights or leggings, black leather ballet shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes
Level II-VI must have their hair in a bun, pre-ballet & level I are practicing buns.
Tap & Ballet
Boys - plain t-shirt, black leggings, black leather ballet shoes & black tap shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes, hair in a ponytail or bun
Tap / Jazz / Jazz combo classes / Lyrical
Boys & Girls - black jazz pants, plain t-shirt or leotard
Tap shoes, Jazz shoes, Lyrical Half-sole shoes - respectively
Irish Step Dance
Boys & Girls - sportswear, black Irish Step shoes or black ballet slippers
How to Register
Completed paperwork and payment together secure your spot!
- Read our Dance Program Policies - you're responsible for the information and agree to follow policies when you register
- Sign the policies acknowledgment form - Children 7 and older also need to sign and agree!
- Fill out the registration form - view the program schedule below
- Turn policies acknowledgment and reg. forms in at the front desk with your payment to secure your spot
- Or scan them and e-mail them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - then call the front desk to pay over the phone (425) 776-9173